Sunday 16 March 2014

Treasured Memories - March Kit 2

The second line I worked with this month is called pop quiz and is by Bo Bunny. It is a school themed line, but I didn't really have any school pictures of Gracie, and I wanted to show that lines are so versatile, you really can use them for anything. 

I decided to get a little more up to date with the seasons I'm scrapbooking and capture some spring and Easter photos.

Sunshine and fresh air showcases some more farm photos. Sadly, toques and winter boots are part of our Canadian springtime. 


I really liked the patterned paper I used along the side. It was a whole sheet of old-fashioned library cards. Do you remember checking out library books with those envelopes in the back that housed ratty old cards the librarian would stamp with their due date? No? Well, then I dated myself.... 

Either way, I liked it and the woodgrain background is perfect. 

Because the tags had quotes for school on them, I covered them up with more generic stickers and they add a little antique-y, homey feel to the page which works for farm photos in my opinion.


The next layout is an Easter layout that captures the frenzied action of an Easter egg hunt.


I think these pictures of Gracie hunting for Easter eggs are hilarious! It cracks me up every time I look at them, because I can just picture her diving under that chair to get her egg.




The arrow stickers are handy for highlighting specific things in a photo, like the egg at the back of the picture that's just out of Gracie's reach. I layered a lot of arrows and cut out a few of the triangles in the background paper to capture the movement of the hunt, as I said above.


I didn't want to add tags or anything to this layout, so I added my journaling in short strips along the side. I had to underline and add some doodling to the journaling to make it my own. 

Check these out in person at Treasured Memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment