Friday 14 March 2014

Treasured Memories Layouts - March Kit 1

This month I got two kits to work with. The first was Theresa Collins' new line, Hello, My Name Is and I really liked the dark burgundy, beige, black and white she used in this line. It is really classic and elegant. 




I cut out the title with the Cricut Craft Studio using dark blue, embossed polka dot cardstock from Bazzill. I also added angled border strips to either side to frame the page and add interest. Since I used the same cardstock, it also helped ground the title on the page.


This one is a little more formal, but I still added twine, cork and some rustic buttons to juxtapose the gems, damask pattern, one silk ribbon, and formal colours. Nothing about our family is 100 % formal, so I don't like my layouts to be either. 


You saw 2 of the tags that are part of this line on the previous layout, but I used 6 on this next one.  
I layered the tags behind my photos and created a border across the page with them, then added two to more elaborately decorated tags the top of the page. 



The package has 20 tags and they're really usable with quotes and sayings that are nice, but not really specific. What page couldn't you use a Life is Beautiful tag on?


Quick note: I stole these doilies from the hotel we stayed at a few weekends ago.... they were on the trays in the room, under the drinking glasses, and I thought they were cute. I recruited everyone else to hoard there's so if you need doilies, I'm your person :) 

See... not very formal...

Hope you liked these ones. Head into Treasured Memories to see them in person and pick up some of this line for yourself.













No comments:

Post a Comment