Monday 20 October 2014

Thanksgiving!

We stayed in Edmonton for Thanksgiving this year, because Brad was on call, but luckily, he never got called out, and we just got to share a nice long weekend together as a family. 


First off, Brad did Gracie's hair this morning... you can't really see it, but it was quite the ponytail. Anyway, Gracie and I made buns while Emma was napping. 


When she woke up we had a feast! The smallest turkey I could find was 6.7 kgs, so we had a great supper, and now we have a freezer full of leftovers. 

I took the turkey out of the roaster and Gracie said, "that's the biggest bird I've ever seen. It kind of looks like a monster."

It may  have looked like a monster, but both kids ate like monsters so it was worth all the time spent in the kitchen. 

Especially when Emma squealed, "Yay mom!" every time I brought something new to the table or gave her another helping of cranberries. 


Like my Tupperware gravy boat?? Remind me to upgrade that one of these days...


The dessert? Sky-High Pumpkin Pie. 

OMG. 

So good. Gingersnap crumb crust, pumpkin pie, meringue, and candied pecans. 


I basically ate a 10" pie all by myself this week. I can't decide whether to put this recipe behind glass or burn it. 

Hope you all got to enjoy the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment