Wednesday 27 February 2013

30 minutes or less

I've been enjoying Elizabeth Kartchner's new blog, Paper Party (http://www.lizzypaperparty.com/)
and was inspired by the Time's Up posts with Stephanie Howell, so I decided to make a few layouts only giving myself half an hour to create them from start to finish.

This is something I've done before. I don't have a ton of time (who does) so it fits my schedule perfectly and it makes a dent in my scrapbooking stash and my photo pile. 

And, because I can't decide which season I want to scrapbook, I'm jumping from Christmas to spring-y colours, to fall leaves....


I did this one in 3, 10 minute chunks of time. I chose paper, embellishments, and photos in my first ten minutes, then quickly layed things out on the page in the manner I thought looked best in my next 10. My last 10 minutes was spent adhering everything to the page, adding a title, journaling and ripping a few pieces of washi tape off to add. 

I love how it turned out. Instagram pictures add such a neat look to layouts, too. 

washi tape: Glitz Designs, chipboard stickers: MME, paper: Heidi Swapp and Studio Calico, alphas: Cosmo Cricket, Pink Paislee, and Sassafrass Lass.


This one I did in one sitting. I had a chunk of time when both girls were asleep, Brad was watching hockey, and I had the kitchen table to myself. 

I love this background paper from Simple Stories and I thought these cute pictures of Gracie playing in the leaves in Portugal would look good on it, so I started from there. I went into my scrap bag and pulled out little pieces of orange-y brown paper and layered them behind, then I added the stickers. 

patterned paper: MME, Simple Stories, stickers: American Crafts, Echo Park, cardstock: Bazzill.

You may notice I always like to make visual triangles by clustering elements in the three corners of an imaginary triangle on my page. I think using a simple plan like this helps keep your layouts looking clean when you're on the clock.



No comments:

Post a Comment