Monday 8 June 2015

Treasured Memories Kit

I got a new kit this month from TM. 

The first line was Kaisercraft's Say Aloha collection. It was so bright and colourful, I really liked it.

I thought of re-scrapbooking some beach pictures, but I have so many pictures to scrapbook, I can't afford to redo any. I chose some great zoo pictures from last summer. 

The zoo theme still seemed to work well with the kit. I made two pocket pages first. 


The first used this awesome die-cut paper mounted on another sheet of the patterned paper. I chopped it up to fit in the pockets, which isn't as labour intensive as it sounds and added my photos, title and embellishments. This die-cut did all the work of decorating the page for me!


The great thing about pocket pages is you can use the backside of double sided paper so easily! This pink pattern was on the back of the black sheet on side 1, and worked well to  mat 16 photos (!! yep, I fit 16 pictures on this!!)

Usually, for a trip like this when I have a ton of photos, I would make a mini album, but pocket pages allow you to cram in so many pictures, it was even easier!


I used the rest of the kit to make this layout of Miss Emma, aka. my little wild child. These papers are really pretty. I really enjoyed this emerald green and bright pink especially. 


I still had tons of photos left from the zoo trip, so I used the scraps from the other projects and added some other scraps to make these two pocket pages to finish it all up.


I've got to admit when I got this black and white spotted paper from Glitz, I had no idea how I would ever use it... I think it looks very animal-y and perfect for the zoo. 

Haha!

Also, the zoo tickets are so bright and colourful, they're perfect embellishments. 

Thanks TM for helping me get all of these pictures off my table and into albums! 

Hurrah!



No comments:

Post a Comment