Tuesday 23 April 2013

Watercolour Butterflies

I loved the butterfly stickers from My Mind's Eye in last month's kit from Treasured Memories, but I wanted more of them, so I made some of my own. 

In the layout above, the actual stickers are the striped butterfly and the notepaper butterfly. I made the watercolour butterflies using the negative space from the sticker sheet and some ink mists.


Here's one of the negative spots from the sticker paper. I cut it away from the rest of the sheet, peeled it off and stuck it to a piece of heavy cardstock.


I gave it a few spritz' with some glimmer mist and Lindy's mist and then a spritz of water to blend the colours together, then I let it dry a bit.  


You have to let the mist dry a bit so it doesn't bleed when you remove the sticker, but the faster you remove it, the more likely it is that you'll get a second use out of the negative, before the adhesive is too wet and loses it's tackiness.

Once you have your butterflies, cut them out, fold them in half and curl the wings a bit, and you've got your butterflies.


No comments:

Post a Comment