Thursday 17 July 2014

Make-A-Wish Foundation's Rope For Hope



I volunteered for my first event with the Make-A-Wish Foundation yesterday, and it was a lot of fun. 
There were 48 people who raised funds to have a chance to rappel down the side of the Westin in downtown Edmonton. They hung over the edge, 23 storeys up and slowly, released their pulleys to drop slowly down the side of the building. 

Three former Wish Kids (kids who have had a wish granted for them) rappelled. 


People went in tutus, tiger costumes, super hero costumes, or just as they were, but everyone came down to big cheers.



Long legs here, pushed off the building and bounded down. I guess he had experience.


The General Manager of the Westin did it, which brought a large crowd from the hotel.


There she is!


A few parents of Wish Kids went. 


This is the view out the 20th storey window.... 


Yikes!



That's me! Hahaha. No, it's not. I stayed on the ground. Happy to help, but not crazy enough to throw myself off a perfectly good building.

 Here are a few bad pictures of the volunteers.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment