Wednesday 6 January 2016

Happy New Year!



I interrupt my December recap for this 6 day late, Happy New Year's message. Enjoy! Hope 2016 is treating you all well so far. 

I'm excited for a fresh new year. New beginnings. New experiences. A chance to reevaluate things and set goals.


Some people don't enjoy that, but I really do. I'm not saying I stick to my goals like glue, but I try.

The biggest force shaping 2016 is that we're moving! Talk about a fresh start!

Brad got promoted in the middle of December and will now be the Sergeant in charge of the Emergency Response Team for Southern Alberta. He's based out of Calgary, so we're looking at buying there or in Airdrie.

So, that's what we've been busy with.  On top of all our Christmas celebrations and stresses, we've been    getting the house, the kids, the dog and ourselves ready.  That's why you haven't heard from me very regularly lately. Sorry.

Now, back to the new year. I have plans. If you follow Ali Edwards, you know she picks a word to keep in mind throughout the year. Something to help her stick to her goals and focus her decisions/choices/actions around for the year.

I chose Bold as my word this year. It's different than my previous words, which have been focused on being a better person. This year, I'm reminding myself to take chances, speak up, try new things, have courage and believe in myself. Somewhere along the way, I became a little meek. I'm not sure when that happened, because I don't think that's who I am naturally, but I've noticed it. It's not a bad thing, but it's not me. This year, I'm going to push myself, say yes to more things and open myself up to new experiences and opportunities.

So why not start by recreating my routines, making new friends and contacts and setting up a new house in a new city? Haha. Thanks for the push to start my year off boldly!

No comments:

Post a Comment