Monday 31 August 2015

Layout 9

Another layout from the Treasured Memories August kit that I made called Easy Livin'.

I thought these cute square chipboard pieces were cute, but automatically I saw them as diamonds dipped in gold. Not sure why, but squares seem boring, diamonds are so much better!

To get the gold-dipped look, I simply covered half of the 'diamond' with scrap paper and painted the rest with Inka Gold. 



I love the background paper. The green, ombre pattern is really great. I thought it repeated the diamond shape again, so I liked how they worked together.

I cut up a piece of white cardstock to mute the pattern a bit so the focus was on the picture and then splatter painted because it can't be completely white...

A few layers and a title, conveniently misspelled to save my e's (which I always seem to run out of), some machine stitching,  and it's done.

Almost there! The month is nearly up and I couldn't even share all of the layouts I made with this kit! 

Check out the full kit at Treasured Memories.

I made 11 layouts plus had lots of leftovers all with this $35 kit. They are so worth it! The September kit will be coming out on the first. Check into it!





No comments:

Post a Comment