Wednesday 29 April 2015

Potty Training

I wasn't very ambitious to start potty-training with Emma. I don't know why. I left the potty out and hoped she'd see it and think, "Oh this is what I'm supposed to be doing." 

She never did so I bit the bullet a few weeks ago, took a week off and stayed home with Em, near a potty. 

We only left to drop Gracie off at school each morning, and by Day 2, she was going in her underwear. I mean wearing her underwear ;) 
She was still occasionally 'going' in her underwear too, but that's what happens when you're learning something new.

We pumped fluids so she'd have some big successes early in the game. 
Juice is a real treat in our house, so she sucked back whatever I offered her.


And then she got the idea and was so proud of herself and her big girl underwear!


So proud and happy!

Gracie made her a little sticker chart, so we could put a sticker up each time she peed on the potty, which was a real hit. Now the back of the bathroom door looks a little like Mardi Gras, but at least I can take it off with one piece of tape. She loves it and carefully chooses a sticker each time she goes to add to her collection.


It didn't hurt that she got a little animal cracker as a reward.... My kids like their treats. I wonder who they get that from?


She's still learning, but she's wearing her underwear all day and only wearing diapers at night. 

I'm not even urging her to play on the hardwood anymore. 
She's welcome to hang out on the carpet again.

I didn't even have to dismantle the carseat and wash it! (Yet... knock on wood) 
This is the worst thing ever!
Seriously. 
The worst.

Here's hoping this is the beginning of the end of diapers, wipes, and smelly diaper pails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment