Wednesday 7 August 2013

July Kit from Treasured Memories

This month, I got another kit using Echo Park  from TM. Different line, but same great product. Love these bright colours. It's even called Beautiful Life. Isn't it though?

Here's the first. Sorry there's a bit of a flare on this picture. I made these layouts, snapped some pictures, and delivered them to the store somewhere in the mess of a month we just had. Busy, busy.


Here's a quick breakdown of how I made that little polaroid in the bottom, left corner.


I cut this polaroid slide out in white with the Cricut, then cut a saying out of teal cardstock and used the negative of the saying in the slide. I wrapped the white piece that I popped out of the middle of the slide in washi tape and put it behind the saying, so it would peak through. 


And, layout number 2.
This chalkboard label was in the kit, but I really needed a chalk pencil or something to really take advantage of it. This was done with a sharpened regular old chalk stick, and plenty of erasing. 
Thank goodness it wipes off so well. I added two tiny pieces of cardboard that I sprayed with chalkboard paint (the photo corners) to make a triangle out of the black elements.


See the butterfly buttons? They were in the kit too and they're made exclusively at the store. They have all kinds of cute ones.

Can you believe this picture is almost a year old already? And I'm going back even further with this one.


Gracie was probably 2 in these pictures. I love her expression and the bright colours in these photos, so I was happy to see that they coordinated well with this fun, summery line. A little bit of sewing, some arrows to convey motion and a simple title. Easy, but I like it.



These cork arrows were another new item for me. I stamped on them and they held a stamp really well. Quite crisp, no bleeding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment