Thursday 29 August 2013

3 Quick Layouts

Because every post lately has involved the word 'busy',  there's no question why I'm keeping the quick and simple scrapbooking theme as my go-to method.

I love sitting down in the evening, once the girls are in bed and banging off a little pile of layouts. Its so satisfying!


First off, I love the navy blue trend. Love it! I didn't know that I followed colour trends, but blue works for everything, girls, boys, sky, lake, nature, whatever, it works. And these medium to dark blues are bright and easy to pair with other colours. Love it.


This line is from Basic Gray. I loved the pretty florals and I think they paired well with my sepia instagrams. 


Loving the simple details.

This one was so quick! I layered a piece of patterned cardstock with a scrap of kraft with washi tape around the edges, added three photos across and then began with the stickers. I used up some leftovers from one of my design team sticker pages (Echo Park again, these last forever!) and combined three different alphabets for my title. 


 This is a great way to use up leftover alphas, too. I think it looks more interesting than using the same colour, font, etc.


I threw a journaling card in this layer of embellishments, but the rest are stickers.


I think simple clusters add a lot to a page.


One more...I used a few old products here. The background paper is Cosmo Cricket I believe, and is actually a Christmas paper (I hid a little Christmas tree behind my photos). Also, the wooden heart was in my stash from my craft bucket when I was a kid, I think. It's oooolllldddd. Everything else is fairly new and is American Crafts.


I really like gold lately. Check out the key, hearts and flower stickers on this page. Nice, shiny gold.


More layers. 

Are you getting more in the mood to scrapbook now that the summer is nearing an end, and back-to-school is just around the corner?

No comments:

Post a Comment